Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Baby watch day 2

Our due date came and went rather uneventfully... so now we are on heightened baby watch. I definitely have been feeling more uncomfortable and feel like things are happening, but the process is going very slowly. At the Dr office, i wasn't quite 2 cm dilated and the bay is only 50% effaced. Bc of the BP scares, the Dr are not comfortable with me going beyond 41 weeks, so i think i will be induced if this baby doesn't decide to come on it's own. The pressure of an induction plus the anticipation of meeting our little one makes it very hard to relax, which I know is what I need to do!

But at the Dr, you would have thought i was a week late, the way they have already jumped on the induction path... it has me feeling like i am late, and due date was only yesterday.

We saw the baby on the u/s yesterday and it was totally just chillin inside me, hanging out. It looked WAY too comfy for 40 weeks... i guess it's stubborn like its mom... and enjoying it while it can. But I guess who wouldn't want to hang out in there, enjoying all of those sundaes at Cabot's.

I am also avoiding my phone, so if anyone wants to call, i really don't feel like talking... i know everyone means well and just wants to check in, but i keep telling the same stories over and over.

Right now, I am just really crampy during the day, with occasional contractions. Although last night, they started coming 20 min apart and i was hoping they were just going to get more frequent. I even stayed home today hoping i was going to continue to progress.

Tomorrow is another day. Hopefully we'll have some news soon!

No comments: