Sunday, March 9, 2008

17 weeks

Wow it has been a while since my last post. I have been spending my time enjoying this experience rather than writing about it :) Let' s see .. lots to update...

- feeling the baby move - such a cool feeling! My friend Kelly described it best as feeling like "butterflies". It also feels like the baby is tickling me on the inside, which makes me want to giggle. The first few times it was so faint that I barely felt anything, and wasn't sure if it was the baby moving or not. But now it has been happening daily, usually at work when I am sitting at my desk and it is unmistakably the baby. Love it!

- Big Ultrasound - is next Monday! We'll be 18 weeks along, so we'll be able to see everything... including the sex. However I think we have agreed to be strong and keep it a surprise... but I will post pics as soon as I scan them in!

- new Doctor - we decided to switch our OB to someone at the BI. I liked that hospital better (for a hospital), and i feel that Steve and I clicked much better with our new Dr. She seems a lot more supportive and helpful when it comes to approaches to a natural birth, which is the plan. She also has experience with Hypnobirthing, which we hope to use as our birthing method. As much as I want to hire a Doula, I don't think we are in the right place for it for this pregnancy. I hope we will get to experience a birth with one at some point though!

- buying gear - we are lucky to live in Boston with an extremely active Craigslist... we have been lucky to buy a few items at a reasonable price. We have gotten a swing and bouncer/vibrating seat and the Snap-n-go stroller so far. We figured the baby can only use these things for about 6 months, so they can't be too worn! Plus there are just so many things we need to buy new...

- furniture - we may have found some nursery furniture. We really like the lines (and prices) at USA Baby, but the closest stores are in CT. So Steve and I went to a store up here in Reading. We lucked out and found a great crib that is discontinued, thus is on sale. And there are several other brands that match really well with the crib. So "Babci Di" and I are going today to hopefully get the crib and order a dresser. And the stroller we really like is on sale, so we may grab that as well! And Memere bought us a beautiful glider that will match the furniture perfectly. And the furniture matches our BR set, so we will use our extra night stand (or 2) in the baby's room, as we have no room for it in our room anyway!

That's about all I have for now. Going to Colorado this week for a conference... my last "hurrah" before the baby arrives ;)

No comments: