Tuesday, June 17, 2008

31 weeks!

I had my 31 week appointment today. Everything is looking good and baby and mom are doing well. The baby is head down (yay) and 3 lbs 7 oz. Right on track!

As for me, my BP was normal at the first reading -- 2nd time in a row! I think the hypnobirthing relaxation is helping a lot! My 2nd pap smear came back normal (phew and sorry if that is TMI!) so hopefully the first abnormal lab was just due to pregnancy hormones. And the internal u/s was fine as well.

My new craving is cake... this all started last night, when we were watching everybody loves raymond and Ray, Robert and Frank were all sitting at the table eating this yummy looking cake. So of course I really really wanted cake, and Kirkman's was closed :( But Steve and I went to the store and bought Funfetti cake mix and Steve baked me a cake! Unfortunately something's wrong with our oven. The cake didn't rise and is falling apart. This isn't the first time we have had issues caking cakes/breads, so i really think it's the oven. Seriously, how can you screw up cake from a box?? But at least it's yummy :)

Tonight I frosted the cake. But I guess Bailey has been waning some herself... after i threw the frosting container in the recycling bin, she dug it out and licked it! She has NEVER done anything like that before. Luckily I washed it out so there wasn't much in the container. I know for some of my friends' dogs, they get much more creative to steal food ;), but that is just so unlike Bailey.

Everyone asks us what we think Bailey will do when the baby arrives. And we are both confident that she'll be very good and won't do anything to harm the baby. But my concern is that she'll start acting up to gain attention if she feels slighted... she is such a good, well-behaved dog, and i really hope she doesn't become disobedient. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come!

And I just wanted to take a moment to say something about my friends... it can be so hard sometimes to be going through something that none of your friends are experiencing. And sometimes it's hard to be an AW or share info when you don't think people are at all interested. It happened during the wedding planning (which led to finding some of the most amazing people), and i was so afraid it would happen with this baby. Especially bc so many of my friends are either not in that place at all or want this so bad and haven't been blessed with their own child quite yet. And PG can really come between friends, and I have noticed that some people have been more distant (whether bc of this PG i don't know). It makes it hard sometimes to share silly insignificant news sometimes. However, i am amazed at how supportive and genuinely interested my closest friends have been, regardless of their situation. Having this support system consisting of some wonderful friends and of course my wonderful family is one of the main reasons I have enjoyed this PG so much. To all of my friends and family in MA, NH, CT, NY, OH, CA and everywhere else, I am truly grateful you are all in my life.

I ran into a colleague last week who had a baby 5 months ago and she commented on how happy I was talking about the baby and all of the exciting things we have planned. And for the first time in my life, I feel so happy. Over the past 8 months or so, Steve and I have never been closer, or got along so well. I am just content with the way so many things are going right now. While things aren't perfect, and there are so many things I still worry about or wish were different, I am very accepting of the situation we are in, and am not so worried about the future at the moment. I think we are on a path and as long as we stay the course and work towards our goals, that is all we can do.

No comments: