Sunday, April 20, 2008

Next time we'll double check the date...

Steve and I thought we had tix for today's Sox game... planned our whole weekend around it and everything. Decided we wanted to eat at Beer Works before the game (rather than eat at Fenway) so we got ready early, put on our Sox gear and went to grab the tix. Only we don't have tix for today... our game is this Thursday!! Steve must have looked at the time (it's a day game) and assumed it was on Sunday and not during the week. Oh well. Had a yummy lunch at Beer Works anyway. Got a few laughs and comments on my "future Sox fan" tshirt also.

So with my free day, I decided to go summer shopping. Of course my other option was cleaning so it was a no brainer. I actually went to get sandals, but didn't find anything I liked. But got some great spring/summer clothes at the Gap. AND they took my BR coupons! So I think I will be set for a while. And all the stuff I got will transition well through the post-baby summer months. Now if I could just find shoes...

I ran into Steve's co-worker Jen and her husband and BIG Newfie at the pet store. What an adorable dog! She is over 100 pounds, but thinks she is a lap dog!

Yesterday we went to Taylor's 1st b-day party... she is just the best baby. She is very dangerous bc she makes everyone want to have one! She is super adorable though. She says dog, hi, bye, dada, and a few other words. She also clicks her tongue to "call" the pony (her mom and grandmother have horses so she is learning quickly). Bailey had a blast also... besides getting to be outside all day (a luxury for a city dog), she got to play with about 7 other dogs. Everyone there brought a dog! It was like being at a dog park.

And we got invited to the Jamey's family's camp for the 4th again this year. Can't wait to go - -last year was so much fun. Hopefully the trip up will be much less eventful. Last year we got lost and our car overheated. But once we were there, it was a great time. Jamey's whole family is just so welcoming. They really made us feel right at home.

That's about it for the weekend, where we weren't quite as busy as we thought we would be!

No comments: