Thursday, July 24, 2008

36 weeks

Wow I can't believe I have hit the 36 week mark! The Dr told me that the baby is big enough that if I go into labor, they won't intervene -- crazy! But luckily I am not very dilated (<1/2 inch), the baby hasn't dropped and I haven't had any "pre-labor warm-ups" (the Hypnobirthing language for braxon-hicks). So she was pretty sure i'd make it to the shower on Sunday and I'd see her in the office the next week. We are down to weekly visits... all on Monday afternoons.

We have started to get everything ready for the hospital... started the overnight bag. made sure to have the most important things on hand --- snacks and candy :) Hey, it's on the list provided by the hospital! I am just the worst planner. While I know it's good to be prepared, in my head, I also know that a) we live 5 min away and someone can bring us anything we forgot and b) there is a CVS next the hospital if we forget anything. So other than my glasses, contacts and nursing bras, i don't really know if there is anything that I need to have that can't be replaced at the hospital. I have to go buy most of the stuff anyway, since i can't pack my toiletries I use at home. Plus, Steve will have to go home to get my make-up and clothes to home in... none of those items can be put in a bag and not used for the next 2-6 weeks!

Interviewed a day care provider yesterday. It was the 1st person we interviewed and it went pretty well. In the end, I know the most important thing is that we like the person and feel comfortable with him or her and with the day care site. But to know if you like the person, you need to carry on a conversation for a while to get to know them. But I found a list of questions to ask, so that helped us get an idea of what we needed to know.

This women was so nice. She is licensed to have 10 kids, because she has multiple people helping her, including her husband (a retired doctor), her 2 college-aged kids and a hired assistant. However, she only has 6 kids right now, and not all are full time. All of the children are the younger siblings of kids she used to watch. So the repeat business is a huge selling point for me. we have another 2 people to interview, but i am glad this started off on the right foot!

No comments: