Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th of July

So excited that it's 4th of July weekend! There is just something about BBQs and spending time with friends and family that makes this holiday so fun.

We started off the weekend a bit early (on Wednesday) by taking a trip to the Cape. It was Steve's first time ever on the Cape! Being from CT, I guess it's just not a place that his family went on mini-vacations. He spent the morning golfing with my dad, uncles and cousins. Then I met them down there in the afternoon with Grandma at Ken and Nancy's vacation home. Ken and Nancy rented this AMAZING house, right on the water. Absolutely beautiful. Fro the living room, if you looked out the back doors, all you could see was the ocean. Just breathtaking.

All of the "CA cousins" were there so it was nice to see them again (some for only the 2nd time). And of course Karen and Stephen were there as well. Got to see Karen's new cottage... which was only a mile away. Super cute and she did a great job decorating. Very cozy.

On the way home, I decided I wanted taffy, so Karen sent us to Yarmouth to a pick your own taffy place. It was so weird to drive down route 28.. i recognized all the places we had shopped (Xmas tree shop, Job Lots), mini-golfed (Pirate's Cove), ate dinner, got ice cream and stayed over from my skating days. I can't believe it's been that long since I have been there. Maybe Steve and I can start taking weekend trips down there with the baby...

Working today.... but then tomorrow we are going to Nicole's in law's camp up in NH. They have a small cottage on a lake and so Bailey will be in HEAVEN! She wouldn't come out of the water last year! I think it's supposed to cool down for tomorrow, but i hope it isn't as chilly as it was last year! But it will be fun. Then i am sure we'll be BBQing at my aunt's house this weekend, sitting by the pool. Maybe i'll get to model my new maternity bathing suit. Fun fun.

We probably should spend some time this weekend unpacking. We finally have everything in 1 apartment, now we just need to organize everything! It's like every room I walk into, I try to figure out what needs to be done to straighten it out. And in the end, it all comes down to the fact that we need to move boxes into closets, but right now the closets are full of junk that needs to be moved into the basement. Tim showed Steve where our stuff can go in the basement last night so I am looking forward to making progress tonight!!

No comments: