Sunday, July 27, 2008

Busy weekend!

Steve and I are half way through our busy weekend...

Yesterday, we made more progress on the apt, unpacking and organizing. We have to finish cleaning out the baby's room, to make room for the furniture that will be delivered next weekend. Plus we have to make the spare room functional. Starting next weekend with Alexis and Manny, we will be having lots of overnight guests, especially once the baby arrives. So we really no longer have any "spare room". The last 2 apt, we have always had that extra room, for "everything else". With the baby arriving, we really won't have that any more.

Then we met with Lily, our doula, to discuss the birth plan and all of our roles during the birth. I guess up until now, this whole process has been very abstract and it was just something that was going to happen one day. But now that we are a few weeks away, i can't believe everything that will happen. I am REALLY glad we have found a doula. I think it will be the extra support person that I will need during the labor.

Today we have my shower. Yay! Steve and I have to go pick up the cake at Konditermeister. With my desire (ok demand) to have a cake from that bakery, we got put on cake duty. I don't mind bc it will be SO worth it! I am SO excited!! Then we are off to Nashua. I am excited to see what my mom has been working so hard on for the past few weeks.

No comments: