Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Full term!

Wow we have made it to 37 weeks and the baby is now officially full term. Amazing! Some days I feel like this pregnancy flew by and other days I definitely feel like it was 9 months... but it's coming to an end and we are preparing to start the next chapter in our lives as parents, yikes!

Had our baby shower this weekend. My mom and sister did an amazing job decorating the place and coming up with some fun games. The centerpieces were stuffed animals which were all super cute :) and the baby won a cow (my favorite non-dog animal!). My mom also did a great job with the diaper cake. And i got my Konditormeister cake! I went with lemon and it was so yummy! I was very happy with my choice :)

Overall it was so much fun and much less overwhelming than my bridal shower. I think it really helped that I got there early and could greet everyone. Gave me extra time to socialize and i didn't feel so rushed.

We got so much stuff, i haven't even gone through it all yet. Half of it is still at my aunt's house. We got a lot of cute clothes, but between what I have bought already and everything we have received, i think i will put some aside and exchange them for gender specific things once the little one arrives. We also received almost everything we needed from the registry. We just need to go through the stuff to make sure we have those last few items we need for when the baby first comes home. The only thing i thing we have way too many of are blankets. So we can return those to get some of the little things we still need.

Had a Dr appt yesterday... nothing exciting to report. Still barely dilated and the baby has to drop a lot more. So it doesn't sound like it's in a rush to be born. Which is good, because we need a bit more time! But then again, it can all happen so quickly, so we need to be prepared just in case!

We get the furniture delivered this weekend, and then I think we'll feel much more ready. Right now stuff is just everywhere. Once the furniture is here and we start to get organized, I think it'll make a big difference. We also bought Dreft, so i can start washing all of the baby clothes.

This weekend we plan on having one last "hurrah".. going "out" in town with some friends one last time before the little one gets here. So excited that we will have visitors! It gets so hard having such great friends in CT... we never get to just hang out. I am so excited that Alexis is coming up! And I am dying to have others visit for the weekend also (some of whom read this blog... you know who you are!). We will go out on Sat and then Sunday I think Steve will cook us brunch and maybe go up to my aunt's pool (probably should see if they are around!) if it is nice out. Can't wait!!

No comments: