Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Slowly losing my mind

I had a conversation with a co-worker yesterday. He found out about my pregnancy at AHA in Colorado and has been a great person to talk to about all things baby, especially having a baby in the city. So he had sent me an email to ask how things were going and I told him about how the baby's movement are getting stronger and more frequent. I had mentioned how at work, the baby can distract me when it moves.

So he share the story with his wife and she laughed and said that it is the beginning of the end... that as I go along in this pregnancy, i will slowly have shorter attention span. Great. If this is just the beginning then what has been happening to my mind over the past 6 months?!?!

In the beginning, when I first found out, i had the worst pregnancy brain, and it was so hard because obviously I wasn't telling people. I was teaching a class and would forget to bring things with me. I was just in this heavy fog, and didn't get out of it until the 2nd trimester.

But now I definitely notice i have no attention span (i am supposed to be working at the moment...) and it is frustrating. I'll come to work and need to get things done by a deadline and still can not force myself to sit here and do work. It's really frustrating bc this has never happened to me before. If I had something to do, I'd just do it. That's it. Now, I don't even care... even with deadlines looming over my head, i can not motivate myself to write my grants or prepare presentations.

I am afraid of what it is going to happen next...

No comments: