Saturday, May 24, 2008

Unofficial start to summer!!

I am SOO excited that it is Memorial Day weekend and the summer season is upon us! i can't wait to go to BBQs and pools this summer (and hopefully host our own BBQ!). So much fun!

So much has gone on since my last post...

Had my 27 week check up -- had to do the glucose test, but passed (yay that i can still have my ice cream sundaes!!). My iron is a bit low, so i need to start taking supplements. The baby is 2 lb 1 oz and moving a lot! It seems to be growing a good rate, so that's good. I have gained 11 lbs since the start of the pregnancy, so i think i am doing better than i expected there. I am feeling good, and honestly don't think i look like i am 7 months pregnant. My back is getting a little stiff, which is most likely due to a combo of no yoga and no chiropractor. I am making it my goal to change both of these this week!

We had our last hypnobirthing class today, so we now have our sat afternoons free! But i really did enjoy the class and i think that it has helped me a lot. I am still working on the relaxing part, but it is slowly getting easier. Overall I think I have just learned the type of birth that I envision, and that it will be possible to achieve, even in the hospital setting. It has also helped me understand the history of birth and why things are done the way they are done in the hospital. And that it's not that the Drs are wrong or forcing anything bad on me, it's just how they were trained. Childbirth is a natural process, but things can go wrong and medical attention may be necessary. But i feel that we have armed ourselves with a lot of knowledge and know when to ask for more time and when we need to let the Drs intervene.

We also have met some great people who will be living in this area, so I am looking forward to playgroups and having moms to share stories and experiences with! Maybe even a nanny share??? The more we are in Brookline, the more i just love this area. We meet some of the nicest and most genuine people, and really hope we can afford to buy a place here and raise our kids in such an open community.

Today we are off to Karen's for a last minute cookout... the CA cousins are in town for a wedding, so she decided to invite people over to say hi. So we will take a trip to her house for a bit this afternoon. Then tomorrow we go to Betty's for some swimming (for Bailey of course) and good company. Then Monday, Ronnie is having a BBQ. Crazy weekend, but i LOVE it! Especially now that my grant is not due this week... a story for another day.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!!

No comments: